TinyMCE x WordPress Translation Sharing (txwts) is a WordPress plugin for translators who are localizing WordPress 2.5 beta right now. It allows you to import TinyMCE 3.x language package into WordPress PO file.
WordPress 2.5 newly allows gettext based localization for TinyMCE. TinyMCE has so many texts needed to be translated. With this plugin, you can reduce the work and share the same translating style between WordPress and TinyMCE.
Download zip file from here.
- Upload whole txwts folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the [Plugins] menu in WordPress
- Open admin panel [Manage] – [TxW]
- Choose a PO file you want to translate (e.g. ja.po) from your PC
- Select your locale (e.g. Japanese)
- Enter [Translate] button
Then you’ll get updated PO file, check carefully and commit it.
If you find bugs, please let me know :)
Update (2/28): “No fuzzy” option added. Check this option if you want to make entries translated by this plugin not “fuzzy”.